Watery Poops - 7 Week Old Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OneFiddler, Jul 4, 2011.

1. OneFiddler

OneFiddler New Egg

Jul 4, 2011
    I have a 7-week-old Speckled Sussex pullet. I got her at a farm on the 20th of June (2 weeks ago). When I first got her she had watery poops, but I just thought that it was because she was nervous and she was being moved to a new environment. She is kept in the house away from other animals. Since then she has only pooped a handful of solid poops. Her watery poop consists of a little bit of brown poop- not solid, sometimes the water of her poop can stretch from the bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger (adult hand), the most disturbing fact about her poop is that it looks like there is something red and solid that is stuck to her poop, or it floats around in her poop. Also, the liquid in her poop is clear not white like in solid poop.

Is there is anything that I can do to help her to start having normal poops? If my chick is sick, please let me know what she might have and medicines I could get to help her. She is very happy, active, and she still eats her medicated chick feed and she still drinks her water. Thank you.

2. Squishypuff

Squishypuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Kernersville, NC
  3. OneFiddler

OneFiddler New Egg

Jul 4, 2011
    Thanks for the guide. My chick has been in the house with the A.C., and hasn't been in real hot tempatures. Maybe it is real warm in her corner. I appreciate your help. Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by