Watery stool and not acting herself

cute chicks here

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 21, 2011
Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
My chicken has had very watery almost clear stool and isn't eatting much of her layer food. She has just been moving slower and standing around for several days.I gave her some elecrolites and probiotics in her water and it perked her up alittle but the stool is till all liquid with alittle undigested food. I got her to eat some canned pure pumpkin and some corn but little else. We have no chicken vets nearby and I don't know what to do. My chicken is a pet and I want to help her but don't know what more to do. I also soaked her bottom in warm water and gave her extra calcium in case she was egg bound but it didn't help.I did trip her fluff down there so she doesn't get messy so fast. I also checked her vent and it looks normal.

Hi there!

My chicken has been having these clear watery stools as well! Does anyone have a follow up to what happened to their chicken? Did it clear on its own when the weather was cooler? My vet says that this extremely clear watery stool cannot be caused by simply drinking too much water but I don't know what else it could be.

Thanks in advance! :)

Back
Top Bottom