1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Watery Stool...should I worry?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by yearofthedog, Jun 14, 2007.

1. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    Hi,
    One of my three pullets is having watery stool, like water with a smaller amount of stool. I don't know if I have anything to worry about, but I don't want to take any chances! The other two have solid stool, but all are eating, drinking, playing and acting normal.

I do give lettuce, lots of fruits and I noticed the watery stool after they ate some lettuce.

Is watery stool a sign of anything that I need to be concerned with? Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Is it discolored or foamy? If not it may just be the extra treats you are giving.

3. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I think I know what might be causing the watery poo...this morning I hand fed my three girls some lettuce and(as I suspected) the SLW ate most of the lettuce and she's the one I thought was making the watery stool! But, I'll still be on poo alert just to be safe...

BTW, dlhunicorn's poo-ology page is wonderful!!!! Thanks for sharing your wealth of information and research!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by