1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WAVERLY,IA SWAP

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by jkcove08, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey all, I just got the flyer for the Waverly swap. I am a little disapointed since I thought usually it was at the end of April, this year it is April 6th. It should stillbe a lot of fun but maybe a few less baby animals. I will hopefully have ducklings and then chicks to take. Along with some roos and a few other odd balls. Hope to see a bunch of fellow BYC Iowans and surounding staters there. Jenn

2. living2ride

living2ride Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Any chance you can scan and e-mail me a copy of that flyer? Or is there a website listed on it? I'd love to check it out! Thanks!

living2ride@gmail.com

3. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I will try to scan it later and post it. I am not sure if I can, otherwise I can email it to you tonight. Living, have you ever gone to the Kankakee, IL swap? From what I have heard that one is a little over twice as big as Waverly. Jenn

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. living2ride

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:No! I'm new to this swap stuff, but it sounds great. So any info on that one would be appreciated as well. Thanks Jenn!

5. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Living,
    I couldnt get the info transfered to my second computer so I will just list everything that my swap paper has on it.
    Exotic Bird and animal swap
    Bremer Co. Fairgrounds.
    Waverly, IA
    Sunday April 6th and Sunday Sept. 28th
    Open 6am to ???
    Many rare and exotic breeds of chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, partridge,quail, doves, pigeons, guineas, rabbits, hamsters, cage birds, goats, and much much more. There is a heated building for cage birds.
    Admission is $3.00 per person over 12
    Come early!!

For more info I have a phone number that you can PM me for. There is also food and drinks in the building. You can also sign up for the flyer of future swaps inside. Also if you want directions let me know it is very easy to find. I will post later about Kankakee or you can get send a PM to mothergoose she has all the info too. JEnn

6. living2ride

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Yippee! I'm going to try to make it - sounds like a place I could get myself in all kinds of trouble! [​IMG]
    Thanks so much! I'll keep my eyes open for the Kankakee info too!

Angie

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    largest swap in the midwest for more info call John Cheever (319)-984-5052

8. cujo73

cujo73 New Egg

Mar 2, 2008
    Ireton, IA
    Thanks for the info.
    Are there usually hatching eggs here as well?

9. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    The first year I went there were a few turkey hatching eggs but also after I bought a dozen and took them home I didnt have any grow, they were not fertile. I took goose eggs last year and didnt sell any of them. Most people are looking for chicks or older. Jenn

10. xrayman

xrayman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Central IA
    wow that is early this year. The way it's going there's still going to be snow on the ground lol.
    It's a good show I picked up some laying hens cheap last spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by