*Waves tentatively*

Fowlfiends

Chirping
Aug 17, 2019
Hinterlands of Ohio
Hi, I’m Fowlfiends (which is also the name of my chicken sideblog on Tumblr).

I’m relatively new to chickens, having just gotten started with a flock of chicks back in March. I currently have 22 chickens, including 5 buff Orpingtons, 3 Ameraucanas, 2 white Leghorns, 2 light Brahmas, 2 Old English Game bantams, 1 barred Rock, 1 cuckoo Maran, 1 Silkie, 1 Dominique, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Production Red, 1 Sebright bantam, and 1 Sapphire Gem. The barred Rock, the Sebright bantam, and one of the Old English Game bantams are roosters.

The chickens are endlessly entertaining to watch, whether they are eating or engaging socially with us or each other. I did not anticipate quite so many eggs, though.

In addition to my chickens, we have two dogs and five cats. All of which have so far been very good with the chickens. I’m also a Trekkie and a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. I also enjoy writing.

I first found BYC when looking up info prior to getting my chicks this spring and have occasionally browsed through the forums when I had questions about my flock. I finally joined because a situation I was not prepared for has arisen and I may need to ask questions.

Fowlfiends

Back
Top Bottom