*Waves tentatively*

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fowlfiends, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Fowlfiends

Fowlfiends In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2019
    Hinterlands of Ohio
    Hi, I’m Fowlfiends (which is also the name of my chicken sideblog on Tumblr).

I’m relatively new to chickens, having just gotten started with a flock of chicks back in March. I currently have 22 chickens, including 5 buff Orpingtons, 3 Ameraucanas, 2 white Leghorns, 2 light Brahmas, 2 Old English Game bantams, 1 barred Rock, 1 cuckoo Maran, 1 Silkie, 1 Dominique, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Production Red, 1 Sebright bantam, and 1 Sapphire Gem. The barred Rock, the Sebright bantam, and one of the Old English Game bantams are roosters.

The chickens are endlessly entertaining to watch, whether they are eating or engaging socially with us or each other. I did not anticipate quite so many eggs, though.

In addition to my chickens, we have two dogs and five cats. All of which have so far been very good with the chickens. I’m also a Trekkie and a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. I also enjoy writing.

I first found BYC when looking up info prior to getting my chicks this spring and have occasionally browsed through the forums when I had questions about my flock. I finally joined because a situation I was not prepared for has arisen and I may need to ask questions.

Fowlfiends

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Partially Enlightened

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

3. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Addict

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    :woot

You can ask just about anything and the great folks here can help. The experienced people here are amazing!

Usually there are answers within minutes of posting.

4. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

5. WallyBirdie

WallyBirdie Songster

Aug 2, 2019
    This site can be very informative and fun. Enjoy your time here, and enjoy your lovely birds!

6. Leahs Coop

Leahs Coop Crossing the Road

Nov 5, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hello,:frow and a warm welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you joined us.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. No need for tentative waving - we are glad that you have joined our community. :hugs :clap

8. Julia_Bedenbaugh

Julia_Bedenbaugh In the Brooder

Aug 11, 2019
    Schodack, NY
    Welcome. I have only been here a couple of weeks myself. Everyone here is wionderfully superb so far and really will reach out to help you with questions.

9. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

10. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Make yourself at home and always feel free to ask questions (the Search Forums tool is handy too).

Thanks for joining us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: