WAY to many eggs I need recipies for eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by sophiesmith, Mar 22, 2013.

1. sophiesmith

sophiesmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    So I have WAY to many eggs and I need some recipies.

2. dbaydak

dbaydak Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sophiesmith,

Me too, my girls laid all through the winter even though it was a cold one.... Currently I have about 6 to 8 dozen in the fridge. While I love the eggs my girls are producing, I don't have enough variety in my reciepies to use them all. Thanks for starting this forum.

3. beccaporter

beccaporter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Calhoun, Louisiana
    Angel food cake, chocolate pudding, Spanish tortilla, quiche, pound cake, pickled eggs, basted eggs...

4. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    I just made an angel food cake today. It used 12 egg whites. Now I need something to make using 12 egg yolks. Any suggestions?

5. beccaporter

beccaporter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2013
    Calhoun, Louisiana
    Pudding, ice cream (though I prefer Jeni's style), most pound cakes take extra yolks...

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    You can also hard boil them, crush them up and feed them back to the birds shell and all. it's a great source of protien and calcium.

7. lorain's fids

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    I always save all the egg shells and either bake them or microwave them and chrush them to feed the back to the birds. I didn't think to feed the yolks (cooked) back to them. Good idea.

8. lorain's fids

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    My husband was very happy when I told him I'd be making a pound cake for him.

9. instar8

instar8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    angel food cake with lemon curd! You can always put extra yolks in the lemon curd. Egg noodles! You can add more eggs/yolks than the recipe calls for, I always do, i like them chewy. Cook them fresh, or dry thoroughly, ziplock bag em, and freeze.

10. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    The new Mother Earth News has a guide to growing your own food and one of the articles is all about using eggs. They have a list of over 100 recipes you can make with eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by