Ways to Make Money...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wolfwoman, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Anyone have any interesting or unique ways of making extra money?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Work hard, show up every day you aren't puking your guts out, be honest, treat others fairly.

3. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Neither of those is interesting or unique. I've been doing that since I was 15 and now owning a small general store in the middle of nowhere isn't cutting it. I'm talking EXTRA money, not the crap we do everyday.

ETA: Hey! This was my 1000th post!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  4. debilorrah

I will be waiting for answers, because so far, my post has been the only answer that really works. I have tried so many different ways to make money on the side and it always ended up costing instead of profiting.

5. debilorrah

Quote:WOOT!!!!!! Rookie [​IMG]

6. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    LMAO!! Only on this forum...lol I have as many posts as you on another forum...LOL!!

Did you know your tupperware site was down?? [​IMG]

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:LOL so true. I got offered overtime because I had a great work ethic. And that is unusual these days.

I make extra money doing craft fairs. I have a garden shop in the spring/early summer. I sell Tupperware. I have 2 Etsy shops. Wednesday I start working at the local interior design place a couple days a week and will barter my pay for new flooring.

8. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:I understand. I do have another business that I do in conjunction with my store... but it's very seasonal... www.alaskaspiritcrafts.com

9. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:LOL so true. I got offered overtime because I had a great work ethic. And that is unusual these days.

I make extra money doing craft fairs. I have a garden shop in the spring/early summer. I sell Tupperware. I have 2 Etsy shops. Wednesday I start working at the local interior design place a couple days a week and will barter my pay for new flooring.

When we first started with the general store here I was also working PT at a Fred Meyer here... they wanted me to work Full Time and there just wasn't enough hours in the day!

10. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I do all sorts of odd jobs. Babysit, petsit, dog walk, dog bathing, carwashing/detailing/vacuuming. I sell some of my art pieces from time to time. I've decided digging up old treasures at garage and yard sales and selling them on craigslist and e-bay is fun. I have a batch of old Jurassic Park toys selling for around $100 right now. It's gonna pay for my new babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by