1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ways to relax

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gabrielle1976, May 5, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Im not talking spas and such here though that would be grate , but as a single mom I barely ahve time for a shower usually much less a spa.
    So what things do you do for small pick me ups , relaxation??
    Me ..1. I like to wait till my son is asleep then I take a hot bath and watch abby on NCIS she is one of my all time fave charecters
    2. I Read one of my favorit books no matter what kind of housekeeping ect I need to be doing .
    3. about once a year I go out to the movies by my self or with a friend no kids .

?? how about you ??

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I wait for everyone to go to bed, then I post on here, surf the internet, or play video games.

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    For me it's coming on BYC....

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Oh yes, the art of relaxation on a dime of time. It is hard to mentally relax in a short amount of time for me. So, I get out of the house and spend time with the chickens. It is a bit chilly in the winter, so I tend to curl up more with my lovey dogs, a Great book, and a glass(or three) of wine. Low mood lighting, candles, wine, ice cream or doughnuts( I can't have chocolate), a great book, and one of my pets within petting distance is really relaxing to me. But then, so is a great movie while curled up with a chick or dog.

Since going to the actual spa can be expensive both monetarily and time wise, I like to plan a day where I go to the gym, go to the hair salon and then finish up with a pedicure and possibly a manicure as well. Small individual treats that don't take too long and are usually not too spendy in and of themselves. When I come home I like to either bring home a skillet meal, go out to eat, or bring home take-out so I don't have to cook. At the end of the day I feel good for exercising, and I feel a little renewed with a new hair cut and toenails all painted and pretty.

Other than that, shower time is My time and I buy the most yummy luxurious products I can to make that daily ritual as relaxing as possible. Take an extra 30 seconds to stand under a really warm shower. It feels amazing.

5. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I love to eat cookies in my hot bath while watching NCIS I can do any of those things by them selves but for whatever reason doing them together makes them a mini splurge [​IMG]

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I wait till the kids are sleeping so they cant beg for any, then have a little chocolate ice cream and watch NCIS or House in peace. If DH isnt around to complain I watch Star Trek too, that is VERY relaxing for someone raised by Trekkies [​IMG]
    If I need to calm down I go out to the barn and watch the goats for a few minutes, they usually have me laughing in no time flat. Also, the ULTIMATE in relaxation, holding a freshly bathed 3 yr old who still lets me wrap him up like a baby and fall asleep in the recliner together.....

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Hot bath with bubbles or bath salts while reading a book. Must have that little pillow to rest my head on.

Laying in my bed and reading a trashy romance novel.

Sitting outside and watching the chickens scratch around.

Papercrafts - hand stamped greeting cards or scrapbooking

Counted cross stitch needlework or crochet (or I did until the carpal tunnel got too bad [​IMG] )

Crosswords - the easy ones, so I feel smart! [​IMG]

Listening to a book on tape while I putter around the house - makes boring housework more tolerable and even enjoyable if the story is really good. Love the Twilight books for this!

Long phone calls with your best friend

Doing my nails or eyebrows

I love hanging out at the library!! [​IMG] I used to sign my kids up for story hour just so I could have some uninterrupted time to look around for me!

Browsing the internet - mostly BYC and some papercrafting sites

Playing spider solitare or sodoku on the computer

It's really important to get some time for you when you're a single parent, so glad to see you putting some effort into it! [​IMG]

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Oh if only us mother's could ever really feel relaxed....the only time I really feel like I can completely unwind is on the nights my husband goes to work. I put the kids to bed a little early, take a hot bath, shave, do a facial, do my nails, wax my brows and finally sit in bed with the TV on and BYC on the laptop [​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    BYC, long bubble bath, curling up with a great book, ice cream and a good movie. I am also relaxed after I take the dogs for a walk.
    Sometimes after my daughter leaves for school, I take a hot cup of tea and sit on the back step, do nothing more than watch the day as it wakes up. Thats very relaxing too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by