wazine 17 cause diarrhea?

hamilton3475

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Alabama
I noticed about a week ago that I had a hen with bloody droppings. I was told to treat all the chickens with wazine 17. Now they all have diarrhea, Is this normal? I gave the proper dose 1 ounce per gallon of water. Also does anyone know when I can eat eggs again after treatment and is there a product out there without this drawback of uneatable eggs?

Mine usually kinda get the runs with Wazine too. You can eat the eggs after two weeks. I'm pretty sure there isn't a wormer that doesn't make you wait before eating the eggs. I'm on a 14 day egg hiatus myself since I just gave it to mine yesterday.

Parasites, bacteria or virusus can all cause diarrhea. I recommend you provide your chickens scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk in their feed to make a mash for about 5 days. If you continue to see blood in their poop in the meantime, I would treat for coccidia using either corid or sulmet.

Thank yall very much. The bloody poo is gone. What does the eggs & buttermilk in the feed do?

Last edited:
Quote:
Eggs are extra protein for them to help rebuild their strength. Buttermilk is a probiotic and will slow down the effects of coccidia and it'll also help rebuild their immune system after worming.

Quote:
Do not feed them eggs that were laid after you wormed them. There is wormer residue in the eggs, you'd be extending the withdrawal time if you feed the eggs back to them. You can feed the eggs to your dog if you wish (if you have a dog.) Wazine wont affect dogs, otherwise throw the eggs away.

Back
Top Bottom