1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wazine 17 this morning

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KathieL, Nov 11, 2015.

1. KathieL

KathieL Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2015
    I withheld water from my hens overnight and gave them 1/4 cup (2 oz) of Wazine 17 this morning in 2 gallons of water. I have 25 hens. It is now 2:45 p.m. and the water is almost gone. Should I refill their waterer with another mixture now and leave it till tomorrow morning before taking it from them? I have seen poop with lots of worms in it in the hen house and in their covered run outside. Just needed to know if I leave them on the wormer for a full 24 hours. If anybody can help me, I thank you.

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    What do the directions on the product say?

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would mix a smaller amount, such as 1/2 to 1 gallon in the same concentration ( 1 ounce per gallon) and put it in until bedtime or remove it first thing in the morning. Of course, you have probably already solved the issue by now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by