1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

wazine 17

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by two j farm, May 28, 2016.

1. two j farm

two j farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    Has anyone used wazine 17 and if so how much should I use? I have 40 chickens and should I use it for more then one day?

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
  3. two j farm

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    Yes it said 1 oz for 100 birds but I don't have 100. And it don't say how long to use it. I'm not sure about what kind. My hens have stopped laying so I looked it up and it said could be worms.

4. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    The link I gave has instructions. You'll have to do the math on the number of birds.

Yes, worms are a slight possibility. But there are about 100 more likely possibilities. Any other symptoms? Are the birds thin with a prominent keel? Diarrhea?

Tell us about their diet. Details.

5. two j farm

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    The birds are fine I have went through every possibility the only thing left to do is worm. But thanks for asking!

6. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    If they're not thin, then it is unlikely worms.

You didn't say what you are feeding them.

7. two j farm

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    I feed them laying pellets everyday. And they get treats corn,scratch,fruit,vegetables and they free range 1 day a week.

8. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Cut out all the scratch and treats for a couple weeks.......you are diluting the usual ~16% protein in the layer pellets.
    Disregard this advice if your layer pellets are 18% protein or higher....read the fine print on the ingredient/nutrition label sewn to the bottom of the feed bag.

This post in your thread here says you worm them regularly already....Mountain Peeps gave a lot of good advice/suggestions there also.

All that aside wazine only kills round worms......
    ......if you really think you have a worm problem, best to have a fecal done so you know what worms you need to treat, then you can find the best product to treat them.
    You can send sample here: http://www.midamericaagresearch.net/instructions.php

1 person likes this.
  9. ChickenCanoe

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    X2 to all that.

Several years ago I was at the local feed store and a guy there wanted to buy some of my hens. He said his were broken because they quit laying eggs. I asked what he was feeding and he said "corn". I asked what else. He said, "just corn". I said, "they're not broken, you're starving them." I told him to get an 18% grower and cut out everything else. About a month later, they started laying again at which time he went to a layer feed - sans corn.

10. two j farm

May 25, 2016
    Louisiana
    My Coop
    I do worm them every six months the feed store told me change it up so bird don't get uses to wormer wazine was the only kind they had. I have been throwing a little chick starter in every other day after I feed ducks for the rooster for more protein but the hens eat it too. I'm about to stop feeding the corn as a treat anyway it is warming up here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by