Wazine 17

RoosterML

🥇Ukraine 🥇
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
Why was wazine 17 taken off the shelves?
I am about to worm the flock and was going to use it.
BC72FFF1-CF2C-4443-A5B5-0F67425C3094.jpeg

Yes, it was removed from shelves last year. It only treats roundworms. There are other wormers to use on each bird orally that are not mixed in water (Valbazen or Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer,) or you can use a 2 day treatment in the water with Wormout Gel, and it is available online. Here is a video on how to mix it, and a place where different sizes are available:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/wormout-gel-vetafarm/

Yes, it was removed from shelves last year. It only treats roundworms. There are other wormers to use on each bird orally that are not mixed in water (Valbazen or Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer,) or you can use a 2 day treatment in the water with Wormout Gel, and it is available online. Here is a video on how to mix it, and a place where different sizes are available:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/wormout-gel-vetafarm/

I posted a thread recently looking for a Wazine replacement and this is exactly what I was looking for!. I see there are a lot of other good products on this site :)

@Eggcessive as you can see by the picture you I have a couple other wormers available. Last fall I used Valbazen. I was thinking of trying the ivermectin pour on for cattle this time. What say you all? If so how much? I have seen some say one drop on the back of the neck per bird.

Most of my friends who are worm experts on this site, usually say that ivermectin is not effective against worms any longer because of it’s overuse for mites and lice. Dosage is 0.1 ml per every 2 pounds of weight and repeated in 14 days if you do use it. There is a long egg withdrawal time as well.

Valbazen is the one I use when I worm once or twice a year. If you get some droppings checked for worm eggs, you may find that they don’t need wormed at all. A local regular vet may do that for you, or you can get a fecal test on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Reptiles-Rabbits-Turtles-Collect-Sample/dp/B000J5SOZ4

I have seen a round worm in poop so fecal test not really worth doing for me right now.
I don’t remember to dosage for Valbazen??
Also I have never used the ivermectin on any of my poultry so I don’t think resistance is an issue. For both is it repeat in 10days?
Also a 14day egg withdrawal after last dose?

I have seen a round worm in poop so fecal test not really worth doing for me right now.
I don’t remember to dosage for Valbazen??
Also I have never used the ivermectin on any of my poultry so I don’t think resistance is an issue. For both is it repeat in 10days?
Also a 14day egg withdrawal after last dose?
studies show that ivermectin is not an effective wormer for capillary worms and gapeworms. It might still be effective treating large roundworms and maybe cecal worms.

Ivermectin wont treat large roundworms in chickens, as I found out long ago. Stick with Valbazen and/or Safeguard liquid goat wormer.
Levamisole is a very good wormer that's mixed in water. However since it's winter time, birds drink less.

Back
Top Bottom