Wazine and ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Blessedchickens, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Blessedchickens

Blessedchickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Weatherford, Texas
    I have three ducks that free range with my chickens and I wondered if the Wazine wormer would hurt them. I have read mixed reviews on this. I know ducks tend to drink a lot and therefore don't want to hurt them sine they are in the witht he chickens. Now they do have their own "pond", i.e small horse trough with water in it. The issue is the chickens drink from this too. I don't want to shock the chickens by going straight to Ivermectin but want to amke sure I am taking care of my flock. I thought of DE, garlic and red pepper flakes to ease inot the worming and not shock the chickens. As far as I know that would not hurt the ducks either. But I want to get on this. Seeing some pasty butts on chickens. Seeing runny poo and stinky poo. I want to fix this and get them healthy. I did not do it during the 112 degree heat during the Summer because I thought it might stress everyone way to much. Now it's cooler and I am ready to go.

Will Wazine hurt my ducks? Don't have any crates to confine them or another pen available. Have a tractor for my sillkies but it's got five silkies. Also have three large dog crates but all occupied with two broody hens and two naughty boy guineas who tried to eat my rooster.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:When i worm the chickens with Wazine I worm my ducks and goose too because they all drink out of the same buckets and waterers, and they do fine.

3. Tivona

Tivona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    I use food grade DE for my ducks and geese with no problems at all. I started out with a super-low dose and increased it up to the point I wanted over a couple of weeks just to be safe. I've not used the DE on chickens though. And I've never use Wazine so can't help on that. Sorry

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  4. Blessedchickens

Blessedchickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Weatherford, Texas
    Quote:When i worm the chickens with Wazine I worm my ducks and goose too because they all drink out of the same buckets and waterers, and they do fine.

Thank you this helps a lot! I have heard it was a really safe worm (when following instructions right.)

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Thank you this helps a lot! I have heard it was a really safe worm (when following instructions right.)

your welcome! AND congratulations on the Rain. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by