Wazine and Hatching

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sonderah, Feb 3, 2014.

1. sonderah

sonderah Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    QUESTION~~ Fixing to do a round of Wazine. Know I can't eat or feed the eggs to the chickens. But, can u hatch them?

2. ChickenCurt

ChickenCurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2014
    Not sure. Chemicals tend to cause birth defects. Have you tried DE or pumpkin seeds? Both have deworming qualities. There are other natural de-wormers I am told but these have worked for me so far.

3. sonderah

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    I just purchased 3 new 1 1/2 yr old hens, and they have never been wormed. The natural de wormers seem so controversial, I just really want to be sure they r healthy. I don't have to hatch, was just curious. Thanks!!

4. ChickenCurt

Jan 2, 2014
    The controversy comes in all forms for both chemical and natural varieties. On the other note; are the newbies showing signs of worms or are you just skipping the quarantine faze? Hope not, especially if you think you may have health issues. Example: runny stool could mean worms, intestinal disease or merely stress from moving to name a few. The 1st robs the bird of nutrients and may pass such to you; the 2nd might be contagious and kill the flock; the 3rd passes after the bird gets settled.
    Just trying to show why quarantining should be done; NOT trying to scare you or anybody. Best of luck.
    PS I never medicate as a precaution as it causes an immunity to build against those drugs. This I know first hand. ;)

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Eggs are safe to hatch after using wazine.

6. sonderah

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Thank You!

7. ChickenCurt

Jan 2, 2014
    You're braver than I as I look at it that if it is too dangerous to eat it can't be good for growing.[​IMG] Hope the best for you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by