Wazine safe for ducks and geese

No not that I know of. I have never dewormed before. I moved to Florida where it never freezes so I thought I would do it as a prevention.

There are many who follow that plan. But for what it's worth, and I am in New England, not Florida, my vets and I go on the notion that one tests for parasites before treating. Ducks are pretty resistant to many parasites, and some dewormers, I am told, are much less effective these days than they were years ago, and some think it's due to overuse.

Just offering these thoughts - we each have to come up with the best management plans we can put together based on our knowledge, experience, and gut feelings.

I find that getting a fecal test done is much less expensive than a vet visit, and perhaps you can get a test done, see if there is an issue to deal with.

When I adopted Salem, there was a fecal test, she tested positive and was treated. I kept her in quarantine, had another test done, and she was clear. I plan to get a test done later this year, we are about due for a check.

@duckymama2 I worm my flock of chickens ducks and geese. i use to wait till i saw worms in my chickens and worm them now I worm 3X a year and don't wait till they are full of them,I do it as preventive measure. My water fowl get wormed 1X a year in the early fall when i do last worming of my chickens. I use Safe Guard and Valbazen because Wazine only kills round worms and our birds can get other worms also. And depending on what part of the country you live is how large a worm load your birds will have so living in the south I would worm.

Here is a link to some great info casportpony put together. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090991/worms-and-worming-warning-graphic-pictures-and-videos

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom