1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

I'm trying to worm my chickens. I've never wormed them before and I really only want to give it to a group of 4 how would I fix up a batch for just them. It says per 100 birds to give 2fl oz in 2 gal. I've got close to 100 birds but I know I water out more than 2 gal when I water them all and their not all together. I'm probably makin this harder than it is but I'm having a major blonde moment?

2. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:Just mix 2 tablespoon= 1oz per gallon and mix up as much as you need. 2 oz is 4 tablespoons for 2 gallon

3. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Thanks! I knew I was makin it out to be harder than it is..

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I also have a question regarding wazine.
    I just wormed with it for the first time; added 2 tablespoons to 1 gal of water.
    How long do I leave that water in their pen? One pen emptied their water in two days so they now have fresh water but a couple of pens still have some of the wazine water left, it has been three days, is it safe to empty and give fresh water now?
    Also, I read that we had to not consume the ggs for two weeks after worming with wazine. I hate to wast this many eggs are they safe to boil and feed back to the chickens or should I discard them completely?
    thanks!

5. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    anybody?

6. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    Quote:You can give them fresh water now.

I was told that the amount of Wazine passed on to the eggs is so insignificant that it is almost impossible for it to affect you adversely.

I ate mine and am still alive, although I do glow a little in the dark now. [​IMG]

...JP

7. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    thats what I was thinking . . . considering we eat at Mcdonalds i figured it probably wouldn't hurt us. Do yu or anyone else know if it would be ok to incubate eggs that were laid the week after worming with Wazine?

8. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:If I remember correctly, you CAN incubate those eggs that were laid even while the hen were being wormed...someone correct me if I am wrong.

9. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    great thanks!

10. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Quote:If I remember correctly, you CAN incubate those eggs that were laid even while the hen were being wormed...someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, Sulmet on the other hand, hatchablity is affected for up to three weeks after use

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by