wbt: RIR chicks - Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by firebugfab, May 20, 2008.

1. firebugfab

firebugfab Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    I am wanting to add 2-3 baby chicks to my collection. Younger the better and I will drive a few hours to get them. I'm in Henderson, TX. I would even take fertilized eggs. I want to stick with RIR's.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    How far are you from Ideal hatchery?

It's in Cameron Tx near waco

3. firebugfab

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:About 180 miles.

They sure have a nice website. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Hi, I have some RIR chicks they are $2.50 My zip code is 32052 I think it may be too far. I can do 12+ eggs for $25 or 20 eggs for $35 Thanks Kari. If your interested in eggs my Paypal is [email protected]

5. firebugfab

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Thanks Kari! I appreciate the offer but I'm hoping to find some a little closer. Ideal is only a few hours and not too much of a detour from my deer lease so it's looking pretty good. I'm trying to skip the shipping part. I hate having live animals shipped.

6. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Hey, another Texan! I don't have any RIR but am wondering where in TX you are if Ideal is only 180 miles? It sounds like you might be close to me.... [​IMG]

7. firebugfab

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:Henderson (40 miles East of Tyler, 30 miles South of Longview, 30 miles North of Nacogdoches)

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    How far from Ponder, Tx? I might be hatching some soon. Depends if the mother continues to set.

9. firebugfab

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:It would be a pretty good trip but I could take the kids and make a trip of it. Keep me updated.

10. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I candled the eggs and she seems to have collected all the infertile ones. I'm surprised the way my rooster gets around i didn't think it was possible. No chicks sorry.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by