We adopted our foster St Bernard!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Knock Kneed Hen, May 26, 2011.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I'm so in Loooooove!! We just adopted "Greta". We've fostered St. Bernards for 5 years now. It's always hard letting them go. I just couldn't let this one go though. She's a gem! [​IMG]
    Follow us on Facebook: Sunny Saints St. Bernard Rescue
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    How awesome. What a gorgeous little girl and dog. You are a very special person to do this. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Great Greta is Gorgeous!

When I was younger, we had a St. For the few short years she was with us...........what love [​IMG] We got her by accident, going to look at a cat my mom wanted. The "owners" had moved, left the cat and dog in the house to fend for themselves. Of course we could not just take the cat, so Miss Elsie came to live on the farm.

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    They are both very pretty! Thanks for sharing! I like Greta in the second pic with the country setting.

5. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Foster Failure! She is adorable lol!

6. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    She is gorgeous!!! I love St. Bernards, they are so funny.

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Quote:LOL! I'm a two time foster failure!! I just agreed to take and keep her litter mate. Suffers from separation anxiety, but has done extremely well here with his sister. [​IMG]
    "Greta" on the left, "Winston" in the middle, and foster pup "Kristen" on the right. "Kristen" is available for adoption!
    [​IMG]

8. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:LOL! I'm a two time foster failure!! I just agreed to take and keep her litter mate. Suffers from separation anxiety, but has done extremely well here with his sister. [​IMG]
    "Greta" on the left, "Winston" in the middle, and foster pup "Kristen" on the right. "Kristen" is available for adoption!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49067_img_2699.jpg

Yeah, right. You keep telling yourself that [​IMG]

Beautiful picture of your three dogs. [​IMG]

9. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49067_img_2699.jpg

Yeah, right. You keep telling yourself that [​IMG]

Beautiful picture of your three dogs. [​IMG]

No,No,No,No!! My TWO dogs! I already have two others. I think DH would give me the boot if I dared sneak another in. I'm having fun with them though. Here's another pic. My labx "Steena" is apparently the black sheep of the family! [​IMG]
    BTW, we do adopt out of state and I'll even throw in a couple of chickens to sweeten the deal [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 4 the Birds

4 the Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Westfield, Indiana
    Adorable! As a rescue.... we have had just on St. Benard pass though. It is a WONDERFUL breed and the family that adopted Cinnamon was more than happy! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by