We and the girls need a new home! Anyone have or know someone...

GoldenSilverLaced

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
East Central IL
who has a house for rent in/around Urbana, IL?

My DF, 2 pullets, other birds, and myself will have to move out of the house we rent by the end of the year. We are becoming increasingly anxious as we haven't been able to find anything suitable (i.e. chicken friendly). Any leads would be appreciated, we will probably only need to rent until Dec. 2010 (we should both be done in grad school then and can move on to jobs).

Thanks in advance!

I know of a couple in Princeton IL, but I'm not sure how far that is from Urbana.

Good luck!

Lil

Thanks! Unfortunately Princeton is near Chicago, which means it's about 2.5 hours away, so it won't work. But thank you all the same for answering.

BTW where in Brooklyn are you from? I grew up/my family's house is in Bensonhurst/Bath Beach. I know what you mean about being a country girl at heart!

Want to move to Montana!? I hope you are able to find something soon. I can't imagine how stressful that must be.
hugs.gif
to you.

Not yet, but maybe someday!
smile.png
Thanks for your well wishes.

We're both in grad school and need to stay in town here until we're done. This will most likely be until the end of 2010. Champaign is right next to Urbana (the towns grew together and you pass from one to another by crossing the street) but they do not allow chickens so we are stuck with only Urbana and other nearby towns for housing...Champaign is the biggest town in the area, so this is unfortunate. I think we'll be able to find something eventually. I just want this settled as soon as possible since we have "special housing" needs. I am very very very against giving up the girls.

Quote:
I want to move to Montana....it's on our "maybe" list! We move a lot so we might end up there. My DH wants to get on at the college with a coach he use to train with so we will see how that goes! I love it there...i could get horses, goats, ducks, more chickens, cows............

Quote:
I want to move to Montana....it's on our "maybe" list! We move a lot so we might end up there. My DH wants to get on at the college with a coach he use to train with so we will see how that goes! I love it there...i could get horses, goats, ducks, more chickens, cows............

What college? If you ever do get this way, let me know! I could finally meet a BYCer in person!

Montana is a wonderful state of wide open places! I love our little slice of heaven.
love.gif

I'm in Winnebago...yet about a 2 or so hour drive. If you can't find a place that allows your birds...let us know.

I'm on an acre and half and have 2 daughters.

Maplesky, you're a lot closer than I am. Maybe about 40 min. closer. I live about 10 mi. N of Route 20 just off of Rt. 73, almost in Winslow, north of Lena, Il. I'm not quite in Winslow. This about a little over 3 hour drive to Champaign/Urbana. Be too far to drive back and forth everyday to college.

Back
Top Bottom