We are always sharing was to save money - "Re-Store"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by buc, Dec 30, 2008.

1. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    We have one near us, but I've never gone in there (although I've thought about it). They have very strange hours, so you really have to plan to work it into your schedule if you want to go to the one near us.

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    We go to our local Habitat one. It's not very big but I have coem across a couple of great buys.

4. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    The Re-store is a great place! Have found doors and cabinets at incredible prices, and a friend pretty much re-did her entire kitchen (except for stove/refer) and bathroom from stuff she bought there. And, it goes to support a very worthy cause - one of my favorite non-profits (next to the one I work for!). If you have one nearby, I strongly encourage you to stop by to see what they have. They are always getting new stuff, so go by regularly. Thanks, buc, for mentioning this great resource!
    Liz

5. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Quote:I would highly recommend you take the time to go in and browse, heck I take a list of things I need around the ranch and go there about twice a month as there inventory changes every so often.

6. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Thanks, buc, for mentioning this great resource!
    Liz"

Your welcome

I just think that this is the kind of place that we come here to post in part to help our few man (err woman) to live better while spending less.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I've never seen one of those stores in my area. What a great idea though! I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if I can find one close to me.

8. they have a really nice one in murfreesboro, and we got new sinks for both bathrooms for less than $25.00. My DD bought all her paint there marrie

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    WOW! How did I not KNOW this????

I found one here in San Diego. I'm going to call today to see if they are open, If they are I'm Going!

Always on the look for house stuff on the cheap!

10. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I stumbled upon the one here in Amarillo last week and was wondering what it was.

Thanks for sharing. A new place to shop!! And for such a great cause!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by