We are getting a Rottweiler pup Tommorrow!! Pics!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jenlyn9483, May 15, 2009.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    OK well some of you know that I already have two great dogs. One is a Rescue the other one I consider is a rescue since she was bred by ignorant people who like to breed their two different breed dogs together every heat cycle just because they like puppies and the $50 rehoming fee they charge for each pup on Craigslist. Needless to say the one I got was of the last three puppies the lady could not find a home for and was going to take them to the pound if she didnt find a home soon. So I offered to take her (we were actually looking for a puppy at the time). I did not however pay the (rehoming fee) since the puppy was 6 weeks old and had not been wormed or had any shots or vet care so I did not see the reason for this "fee". She is a great intelligent dog and I like the breeds that make up her mix also the moma dog is a Pit and the daddy is a yellow lab/ English mastiff. I am also partial to mixes, especially bully mixes since they have such a hard time finding homes and their are so many of them. So we had "Tessa". She was soon wormed and vetted and showing great success with potty training. Fast forward two and 1/2 months later. A friend of ours that lives in a more Rural area than we do, (Down a dirt road that is down a dirt road that is down another dirt road that ends at his house), Tells us someone has dumped two pit pups near his house a couple weeks prior and they have taken up residence at his house. He cant keep feeding them or afford their vet care (he has two chiaughuas (sp?) in the house) so he is going to take them to the pound. I see this as a great opportunity for a play mate for Tessa and we have plenty of room and love for another dog. Plus I know what could happen to them at our local pound, pits are not the easiest dogs to rehome, even sweet little pups. I decide to take them both and keep the female and take the time to find a home for the male. Upon taking them to the vet I find out that they are actually older than I thought, even though the female, Now named Jazzy, is the same size as tessa she is actually two months older according to the vet. Turns out she is going to be a nice petite little pit probably maxing out at 38-40lbs. Her and Tessa get along great. It's obvious that Jazzy was abused because she is very timid and scared but has a very sweet submissive personality. Well they get along great and she is a great addition and we love her very much.
    Fast forward to Yesterday morning......Someone on freecycle that lives not too far from me is posting a 7 week old male rottweiler that she cannot keep. Apparantly someone dumped the puppy near her house two weeks ago and she is not allowed to have dogs, especially big dogs where she lives. She's been trying to find a home for the dog every since. She has however taken him to the vet and got him wormed and taken care of him in the mean time but can't keep him much longer because of her landlord and roomate and is going to have to take him to the pound if she cant find a home fast which she does not want to do as she has become attached to the little guy and wants to see him go to a good home. There is only one none kill shelter in our area and it has a long waiting list. Well my fiance has talked about wanting a Rottweiler pretty much everytime dogs are mentioned since I have known him. Growing up he had two great Rotts that his aunt gave them over the years. She was a show breeder. I have never had a rott but have always had bullies and mastiffs and labs and one dalmation. I love the "underdogs", the poor big dogs that have a bad wrap that find themselves without homes.

So HERE WE GO AGAIN, LOL thank god the other two are spayed and caught up on all shots for a year now. Back to puppy square 1. We have alot of room and alot of love so we will be getting a puppy! I was happy that my dogs were finally getting over puppy issues and have mastered most commands and training and manners, but I was starting to miss the puppy breath. Plus once DF saw the pics of this guy it was a done deal. Guess I'm all paid up for Fathers day.

PS I need help with names, its a male. Fiance's last Rott was named Conan and I think he is going to name him that unless we think of something better, I was thinking about Cane or something like.

And then there were 3...

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Awwww. I love puppies. He's a cutie.

I like the name Cane.

3. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I like Cane too.

4. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Haha, I like the second picture!!
    He looks so friendly!

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    The lady said he was very friendly and they have been spoiling him. In the past I rescued a few adult dogs but now I have children, chickens and mini goats and rabbits so I stand to have more success rescuing a puppy and raising it up with everything so everybody is harmonious, especially since my affinity lies with big dogs.

6. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Very cute - I like the second pic too. Kudos for not paying the "rehoming" fee to the CL wench. "Breeders" like that just send me. [​IMG]

7. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you and for the pup...I too like the name Cane, cute in a cool kind of way. Yes, kudos for not paying that backyard breeder didleysquat (homemade word I know), people like that drives me batty.
    "Cane" looks to be a beautiful addition to you home.
    Kycklingamma

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beautiful dog! I love the rotts. I'll fall in love with just about any dog, but I'm like you and have a place in my heart for the under dogs.

Congrats! I hope he adjusts well and realizes how lucky he is! (BTW, I like the name Cane too!)

9. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I love rotties, they aren't one of the most intelligent dogs, but they are one of the most loyal and gentle (if trained to be)

Mine kiddos had a heart of gold. Hrm..... Guess I gotta talk to my wife now... you've started the bug going in me [​IMG]

10. mtcougar832

mtcougar832 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Northwest Montana
    He's beautiful - our Rott is the best dog ever, we got her as a ~2 yo from the Humane Society. Conan and Cane are both great names, esp. for a big dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by