We are grandparents

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crow-ded house, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Crow-ded house

Crow-ded house Songster

May 2, 2016
    Bartlesville, OK
    We have a bantam rooster and two bantam females all just a year old. The snobby yellow girl has never laid an egg while sweet little Precious lays everyday until a few weeks ago. Snobby Goldie has been brooding on them while Precious ran around. Then five days ago they both got in the nest and brooded. I just left them alone but have to go in there to feed the rabbit. Yesterday Snobby hissed at me and fluffed herself up. This morning Precious was out of the nest but not moving. I thought she was hurt so picked her up to look at her and a baby was under her! Really perky thing. Rooted around under Snobby and 6 more babies!! I put the stray back in the nest and now both girls are sitting on the babies. They all look happy so they should be ok out there with mom and babysitter keeping them warm.

2. Crow-ded house

Crow-ded house Songster

May 2, 2016
    Bartlesville, OK
    Question: we also have 3 chicks from tsc 3 weeks old. We have the bantam rooster, the two bantam hens sitting on the seven 1 day old chicks. The tsc chicks weaned off heat lamps as of today. In one week can we integrate the 6 newbies? As the babies are already in the flock will it be ok?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: