We are intiagrating Cinnabar my siilkie with outsiide hens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kat's Silly Chickens, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    [​IMG] Well we are trying an intagration with my silkie Cinnabar. If it doesn't crow or it's crow isn't
    loud Cinnabar will stay in with our 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Cochins. We have it in it's
    hospital cage and will let it out as soon as I'm sure everything will be okay. I hope it works
    out. Will update daily.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    [​IMG] Good luck.

3. Kat's Silly Chickens

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    I tried letting Cinnabar out of it's hospital cage earlier and one of our Cochins got a bit rough with Cinnabar so I had to put it back in it's cage. I know it's going to take a bit for them to get use to each other, but I'll continue to let it out for a short bit each day to help them get use to each other.
    Cinnabar was crowing when it was in with the inside ones, it learned from our Sultan Roo how to crow, but I haven't heard even 1 crow from it since I put it in with the Barred Rocks, and Cochins. Is there a possibility it could be a hen mimicking the roo it grew up with? I guess we'll find out when it lays an egg.

Will update again tomorrow,
    Kat M.

4. Kat's Silly Chickens

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Well Cinnabar crowed today so we set Cinnabar up in a large dog kennel in the coop near the people door so he can get fresh air and sunlight. But so the coop will absorb the sound of his crowing, so our rooster hating neighbor won't hear him so easily.
    He loves being outside with the girls, but they still haven't accepted him to the coop/run, good thing it's a 6' X 13' coop and putting a large kennel in there doesn't take up much room. I really wish the neighbor would grow up to his actual age and stop using his childhood fear of a rooster to control my parents. It's more my dad that allows the neighbor to control him, mom is to the point where she says h*ll with Cliff, my chickens deserve to be able to be outside (the 2 Sultans and Japanese Bantam). During the winter they have a winter cage on the sunroom, but during the summer they need to go out. Mom and I will keep working on dad to get him to see it our way.

Will update in a few.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by