We are locked down!

oweirdo

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
Georgetown, TX
We are now locked down, however I am worried. I could not find the right wick for my wet bulb and a farmer friend suggested using a oil lamp wick, banded tight. My humidity has always read high, according to charts, mid-50s. I locked down, put the extra water in and now I'm reading, real readings, dry bulb 100 wet bulb 94. According to the chart that's 83%. I'm hoping its the makeshift wick letting too much air temp, and not true wet bulb reading.

We are now locked down, however I am worried. I could not find the right wick for my wet bulb and a farmer friend suggested using a oil lamp wick, banded tight. My humidity has always read high, according to charts, mid-50s. I locked down, put the extra water in and now I'm reading, real readings, dry bulb 100 wet bulb 94. According to the chart that's 83%. I'm hoping its the makeshift wick letting too much air temp, and not true wet bulb reading.

What are you hatching, 83 is to high for chickens or ducks.

I am hatching chickens, I'm really hoping its faulty wick/wet bulb readings. One reason I think this, when I let the water dry up more the reading went up. The dryer inside the drier the wick, the higher the air temp reading, less wet readings.

I am hatching chickens, I'm really hoping its faulty wick/wet bulb readings. One reason I think this, when I let the water dry up more the reading went up. The dryer inside the drier the wick, the higher the air temp reading, less wet readings.
Do you have another one to be absolutely sure because at 83 I'm afraid your going to lose them..

I have a thermometer with humidity gauge out side. I grabbed it then quickly threw it in incubator. Temp reads 99, humidity 62.

Back
Top Bottom