We are now birds of prey...Muahaha...

cthrash1

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset, KY
It was a free for all folks...It was like a Saturday bundle opening back at the coops. Here comes Nutmeg as fast as she could go out of the duck pen mouse in mouth, closely pursued by Splat trying to get a nibble in but no way was Nutmeg giving in, so Splat heads back to the chicken run trying to find where Nutmeg got her little nugget...In the meantime Lucy found her one too and quickly hides in the corner so no one sees but was spotted by the sharpeye Splat, YES! Here's another chance...Lucy finds the perfect position to eat her mouse as Splat sticks his head through the fence at every angle possible trying to get a bite. The human walks into the duck run to check things out only to find another baby mouse, she slowly picks it up by it's tail(cause they are cold and slow ya know) and hollers for Splat and tosses it into the chicken run. Immediately Splat and Sheila grab the nugget at the same time and...Whats this? They each get half...Good sharing skills guys. Well as luck would have it the human found one more and tosses it over the fence like the last one, only this time everyone was chasing each other hoping to find another protein snack...Everyone that is except Anna, who takes no time to check this little furry chocolate bar out and immediately grabs it and heads to a secluded corner of the run where luckily no one was occupying at the time. BEEP buzzer sounds...Bundle opening is now closed.

Layne(DS) and I were rolling laughing at the frenzy these chickens were in today. What happened was I was cleaning out the ducks doghouse, because Mojo Chik'n said they can eat litter and die so I thought I better get the litter out, even though it was now compacted mud. But anyway I removed the bottom of the doghouse so Layne could drag it over to the burn pile and dump it and I left the gate open to the duck run. Well everyone and their brother decided to go check out the waddlers, in the meantime Nutmeg found the motherload and started the free for all. There was a nest under the bottom of the doghouse. I was just going in to check out what she had and out she flew with the mouse. I had to chase the Guinea butt out of the duck run because he was attacking the blue drake(not cool). Everyone else got to stay while I investigated. It was so funny, wish I had the camera at the time.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthrash1
little furry chocolate bar

lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
wow. YEAH.. i was very shocked the first time i saw chickens chase down and kill then EAT mice...
just a few days ago we put the hose down a hole to flood it,, usually the mice run out and the dogs get them... this time the young mice exit hole is in the marans coop/yard.. young mice run out, chickens went NUTS!! grabbing mice, pecking mice, fighting over mice, those chickens fought over those mice for a while running about sqwaking "its MINE, its MINE"
i turned to my hunny and said "i wonder what tomarrows eggs are gonna taste like???"... hhmmm will they have a slight hint of MOUSE to them??? hahahahah
it seams like (at my house) the OEG are the most "blood thirsty" then the large light breeds like the minorcas and andelusians, and brown egg layers...

Mojo Chik'n said I should get a live trap for the house and take the mice I catch out to the chicken coop and watch my chicken TV.

Back
Top Bottom