I've been on the fence about Cornish X for a while, wasn't sure if I wanted to try them out or not....but we have decided to do it. They will be kept separate from our layers - we are building them a separate coop/covered run on a different part of our property. We are going to order 15 of them. If it goes well, we will order 25 more in the late summer to butcher in the fall. I'm nervous, but intrigued as well. I've done SO much reading on here (best website ever!)....I feel like I'm prepared (I hope). They won't be arriving for a few weeks yet, so we are just starting to get ready. Wish us luck!