We bought a horse!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jackiedon, Oct 2, 2007.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    My 11 yr old's dream has come true. We bought her a horse and brought it home tonight.

jackie

2. nuchickmama

nuchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Rock Island, TN
    You have one lucky daughter. Hope she enjoys it. For me it was great therapy. I loved every minute of taking care of my horses. I miss them.

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I expect pictures soon [​IMG] Congrats..........she will sure enjoy that ! Good momma and daddy !

4. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    horses are great ! i have three myself . they're kinda like kids though . sweet (sometimes) , EXPENSIVE , time consuming , and moody . yes , they're just like teenagers !ya gotta love em' though ! i've had my gelding since he was a year old(he's seven now). i've trained him myself. there's nothing like it ![​IMG]

5. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Congrats to your daughter for getting a horse!! I live my horsey dreams through my daughter's horse whom we adopted last year for her. I was never able to have a horse when I was a kid. Now, if I could only learn to ride! Enjoy, as I found out, I'm the one doing all the work with our horses now(feeding,mucking etc) but I love it!! Looking forward to pictures.[​IMG]

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Will you be my mom?? [​IMG]

I wanted a horse so bad when I was a kid! That's actually why I started working on a dairy farm...because cows were the closest thing to a horse I'd ever see. I was a hard worker, too! I used to have oxen, though and then I finally bought a horse at 17, a skinny, mistreated ex pacer and paid for everything myself, and still worked at the farm and had a retail job AND was in high School...whoo that makes me tired thinking of all that! Even "trained" him myself... made a lot of mistakes...but what a forgiving boy!

Unfortunately I had to sell him when I hit a bad patch at 20, but I still see him every now and again, he's spoiled, fat and happy. Miss that horse!!! [​IMG] Okay...just realized I need to [​IMG] lol

ANYWAY.. I hope she appreciates her horse as much as I did!! Had a few since then...but there's nothing like your first. [​IMG]

7. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Yup! See my new personal page for "The Bandit". He's my boy. [​IMG] I got him when he was a 2-year old and he's 13 now. He gives me high-fives with his lip, and always nickers when he sees me... [​IMG] I love my guy........*sighs* I want to see pics soon! That's the nice thing about horses--they're so much better than boys! They are always there for you, and will give you hugs and kisses when you're sad, and are never judgemental when you come to be with them in your PJs or grubbies, but love you just the same now matter how bad you look or how grumpy you were with them!

8. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    kensington, maryland
    What a good mommy!!! We just got our own horses about six months ago. I had a pony when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago, and it was only for a little while. Now I have two wonderful boys. They are rescues, and they I absolutely love them to pieces. The only "cure" for little girl horse fever is getting her own!!! lol, have fun, you'll love it.
    Rachel

9. hipmarye

hipmarye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Mississippi
    Yeah![​IMG] Congrats!
    My DD will will be so jealous, she may want to move in with you. I'm sure it's a beaut. Can't wait to see it!

PS we went yesterday and got one of those little Marans that hatched out from the poultry farm
    for my DS.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  10. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    What a lucky girl!!!!Did she sleep in the barn last night?

I finally had my teenage dream come true when I bought my first horse at 38! [​IMG]
    Its never too late !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by