We built our coop(with pics)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Willow's Meadow, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    My daddy built me the BEST AWESOMEST REALLLLYYY BEUTIFUL COOP EVER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Its not finished yet, we built the frame today. We are going to have plywood halfway up and then the other half will be hardware cloth. The coop is six feet tall(so I can stand up in it!!!!!! [​IMG]) so it will be 3ft. of plywood and then 3 ft. of hardware cloth. Its inside of our barn which made it cheaper because we didn't have to build 4 walls of 2x4, just 2 walls--we attached it to the other walls in the barn. It was sooooo much fun and WAYYY easyier then we thought!!!! So after a few trips to the hardware store, lots of ice water, our german shepherd mascot and a trip to the local ice cream store(which has the BEST ic cream) we built our coop!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] After we looked at all the designs in the coop designs part of the website we were a little scared and thought it looked really hard to build a coop but........it was EASY and FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] I'll get some pics of the frame tommorrow!!! The chicks come on wednesday and we also bought all the supplies today!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! I'm soooooo excited!!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    And just WHERE are the pictures??? We need pictures on the double!!!! It sounds great!

3. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Pictures please!!!!

4. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    So, I see that you're just a little excited [​IMG] lol. Can't wait for you to post some pictures. Is this the first time you have had chicks? What kinds are you expecting? Keep us posted. [​IMG]

5. Willow's Meadow

Apr 16, 2010
    Yes this is my first time. We're getting Buff Orpingtons and Brahmas. [​IMG]

6. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] waiting for pics! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ashsmith

ashsmith Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Well, congratulations! I can tell you are really excited, and I am soooooo happy for you! Can't wait to see pics :) It sounds a lot like our coop (pic below).

[​IMG]

8. Willow's Meadow

Apr 16, 2010
    Here is our coop!!!! [​IMG]

This is the one side of the frame the door will go on this side (there are shelves in the back that are going to be made into nest boxes):

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/balloonlagoon/Garden016.jpg

This is also the frame:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/balloonlagoon/Garden017.jpg

This is the barn that the coop is inside of(we still have to stain and paint the barn):

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/balloonlagoon/Garden018.jpg

This is our little mascot, Buddy(I might make her into my little LGD [​IMG]):

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/balloonlagoon/Garden013.jpg

I hope you like our coop!!!! [​IMG]

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] You'll have to post pictures when your done [​IMG] Looks like it going to be a nice coop...Then you'll have to build onther one. next thing you know you'll have cages everywhere LOL

10. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    Looks like your chicks are going to be very happy in there. Sounds like someone owes DD a big kiss and a hug...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by