We call him? or her Mr T

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DallasCriftins, Aug 5, 2013.

1. DallasCriftins

DallasCriftins Chillin' With My Peeps

This is supposed to be a Buff Plymouth Rock / White Sussex sex link but it is nothing like the others so we reckon we were given an odd egg by mistake.

He is 11 weeks
    Pure White
    His legs are much thinner than the rest even the pullet
    light coloured face

Could anyone suggest what we have here please?

Out of 44 eggs of which 7 were Buff Plymouth Rock / White Sussex sex links and we got 5 White Roos One Buff pullet and Mr T whatever he or she is!

Mr T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what he should look like if he was the same
    This is 'Korma'

[​IMG]

And this is 'Avacado' -

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Well that chick must have been a surprise. First guess is if it is a polish cross. Do you know what breeds the person you got the eggs from has? The only white crested breeds I can think of are polish, silkies and sultans. Would think you'd have at least a few feathers on the feet if a parent did. The comb doesn't look like a single, so probably not SFH or LBs, or Icelandics... what other crested breeds are there.

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    crested cream legbars, but I dont think that is what it is

4. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

The bird is in England, doesn't have five toes, doesn't have the cavernous nostrils, doesn't have v-shaped comb--Legbar is a likely possibility. There are probably other breeds over there that I'm not sure about--for instance, are Sulmtalers common?

5. Unsure on breed, but Mr. T reminds me more of a Mrs. T

6. DallasCriftins

DallasCriftins Chillin' With My Peeps

:) Yes I am hoping she is a Mrs T as well she's probably a Heinz rather than any kind of pure breed.

I was thinking Legbar because the guy gave us a couple of bluish eggs that were laid by a cream crested legbar as well it is just I am sure from my records both were infertile but I may have got it wrong

Out of the 28 eggs that hatched we have at least 10 Roosters ironically none of the sex linked hybrids have crowed yet

But these two have!

A Vorwerk and a Lavender Araucana absolutely hilarious listening to them trying at the moment but they are getting better at every day and have been crowing since they were about 7 weeks old :) it is going to get quite noisy here very soon I should imagine, then eventually we will have to decide which roos we keep and which go in the pot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of them are as noisy as these things though!

[​IMG]

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Ya, I think Mr T is a Ms T but I am still trying to figure out a breed. That is not a single comb she has is it? It doesn't look quite right from the front in the pictures. LBs have single combs I thought, so you still have to have something else in there to give that odd comb, and the white.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

i really know nothing about the breed so i wasnt sure or not and i forgot about sulmtalers.

9. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Definitely not a cross between Buff Rocks and Sussex. Maybe a Polish/Sussex or Polish/Delaware.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by