We could use a few prayers in the next weeks :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jkcove08, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    First off for those who dont agree with what I do please dont judge just exit this thread, thank you. For the rest I am asking for a few wonderful prayers for my Intended Parents that I am contracted to try and carry a baby for. I am a first time surrogate and we will be flying out to NC for the 4th time the 5th of Oct. This has been a hard time for them and I think a few extra prayers would be great. Due to medical reasons she was never given a chance to have children and they truely wanted one of thier own. The first attept was disappointing since we figured I would get pregnant the first time. The second should have not happened and we switched to a different clinic. The third time was a couple months ago and I was pregnant for about a week before loosing the fetus for what ever reasons. This will be thier last chance since insurance money is almost gone and it is soo expensive. Pleas send a few good thought our way and I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!! I truely want to give this couple a child!! Thanks Jenn

2. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Congratulations on doing such a selfless deed for others! I wish you and the intended parents the best!

3. blossom hen

blossom hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    NE Tx
    Best wishes and prayers go with you, Jenn.

4. pricem11

pricem11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Jenn, I think you're WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Mark

5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    May God Bless you in this. So many women have babies that never should and the ones that would make wonderful parent can't have one. You are doing a very selfless thing and I pray that this time the Lord will let this happen and you can give them the child I imagine they want so desperately. Please let us know how it goes. You are in my prayers.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Good Luck Jenn, my best wishes for you, them, and baby!

7. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Don't give up.

This is an absolutely true story. About ten years ago in Cary, NC a woman agreed to be a surrogate for her sister and brother-in-law. They didn't spend a lot of money. They didn't use a clinic. They used a TURKEY BASTER and, by god, IT WORKED! The surrogate stood on her head and the sister used the baster to inseminate her. Nine months later, all FOUR were happy!

I'll do a search and see if I can find a link to the story.

8. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Oh so many prayers are coming from this house for you and the intended family. May God bless you and this family. I'm hoping for the best.

9. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
  10. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Thanks Everyone, I should explain one part though..lol I am a gestational surrogate. They use her eggs and his sperm and then implant the embryos into me. I am not related to the child at all. That is unfortunately why it is sooo expensive. They would have addopted if they coupld use both from them. We were told by the first clinic that with thier ages that there would only be a 60% chance as it was. I am not sure how well I really believe it but if we dont get pregnant this time they will save some more and look into addopting again. I think what is the worst is that for those that have had kids it is such a wonderful feeling to have a baby. I wish she could know that. I have bought a little journal that I will write daily in so she can have it. I have a friend that has already had 2 babies for different families and is working with a 3rd right now. We are hoping to be pregnant at the same time. She is scheduled to go in at the end of Oct. for her next transfer. It hit me hardest this last time since I knew I was pregnant and then wasnt. I never had problems getting pregnant with my 3 kids so just never figured we would have problems now. I am sure we will be luck this time. I will know for sure 11 days after the transfer. I actually knew before this last time, just didnt know that I had lost it. Thank you to all the well wishers!!!! Jenn

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by