We finally got them!

KellynMikes

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 22, 2010
Eastlake Ohio
I think I posted in here before (this is Michael my wife is Kelly). It's been quite some time since we started exploring having backyard chickens. Well, we finally got them! The city gave me a bit of a runaround about having them. The mayor said we needed at least 10 acres and shot us down right away. After further pursuits I found the ordinance he was talking about and it applied to a different zone in our city. So after several communications with the City Council President and the Mayor - each trying to tell us we couldn't have them, I built enough evidence to show that we could. I printed the zoning maps, zoning regulations and all the ordinance that have anything to say about birds, fowl, or chickens.... Meet Princess, S'mores and Hershey! (OK... not sure how to get the image in there, but check them out on our blog!)

My wife blogged about them a bit on our blog. Check it out!

http://thegreenbeanmile.wordpress.com/

Welcome to BYC and chickens. Your pics didn't show up this time. If you upload them into your uploads page then your can copy the image url and paste it into your post and the pics should show up at that time. Hope this helps you for later on.

Back
Top Bottom