We finally lost teeth!! (Caution, pic enclosed)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by amystours, Apr 21, 2008.

1. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Amara had a permanant tooth coming in behind her baby teeth on the bottom. Dentist said he wanted to extract them so that the permanent teeth could grow in straight.

Amara was a little trooper, she said it didn't hurt at all.

Me, on the other hand, I was the one who needed help!!! I was sitting in the corner, reading my paper. At one point, I peeked around just in time to see that LONG root coming out. Okay, I felt a little shaky, but I dove back in my paper and tried to forget about it.

Well, everything is over and done, and it's time to go. I stood up and had to sit right back down. I was dizzy, broke into a cold sweat, and had to stick my head between my knees. The nurse was talking to Amara, saw what was going on and hollered to the dentist, "hey, we're about to lose Mom in here!". They started fanning me and put a wet towel on my head. I was SOOOO embarrassed!!!

I have nerves of steel, so I thought. I can do all the gory stuff nobody wants to do, I'm a nursing major in school, but I wigged out over a little tooth being pulled!!! I guess cause it's MY kid, I don't know. Anyway, here's her pic...she's so proud of the gaps in her teeth now, she can fit in with the rest of the second grade!!!!

[​IMG]

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    She's so pretty!!!! My 5 yr old boy is the same way, he looks like a little grandpa-man!!! LOL!!!!

3. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    What a beautiful little girl! Very photogenic.

She must be so excited!! I remember my first tooth that I lost....

4. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Aww, thanks! She'd been doing some rough and tumble play, as you can tell by the hair!! We'll have to take some more pics when she's cleaned up and her hair is decent.

I swear, I thought I was the tomboy....nothing compares to this one!

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Boy, is she adorable! Don't do anything to the hair --I love it! My girls were the worst tomboys---they changed when they were around 14-15 but are still very competitive!! They love sports playing or watching! Their husbands love it...Dixie

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    What beautiful eyes!!! Amara is a very beautiful little girl. Love her hair....don't touch it!!

7. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Warning: Don't let those eyes suck you in!! She is one conniving little booger! She's very manipulative, and can use you till you are used up!!! She's too precious, but can be a little heathern at times, too!!!

And knowing my little one, she's going to head straight to school in the morning, and after showing off the details of her mouth, will gleefully and happily tell everyone that her mother almost fainted at the dentist office.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very cute little girl. My grandson had to have the same teeth pulled a couple weeks ago for the same reason. He's a second grader too.

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Bless your heart. And your daughter is gorgeous. I was such a tom boy when I was younger (im still not girly, in fact I hate prissy girls and enjoy the company of geeks and misfits) but I used to play dinosaurs with all the boys, and I'd whip them into submission. [​IMG] I remember I always wanted to be a velociraptor because I loved them in Jurassic Park XD I'd tackle all the boys and bite them and everything. Good times good times... I'm still a bit weird. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by