We found a giant egg and a teeny egg =) Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rebecca10782, Mar 27, 2009.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    We got these eggs within a week of one another. We are not sure weither it is the same girl or not. She has laid eggs both colors. I measured the big one and it is 6 inches around the widest part and 3 inches tall! The small one is 3.5 inches around the widest part and 1.5 inches tall [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the small one in the carton of regular eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    its very possible its from the same one i have some rhode island red pullets that are 7 months old one day they will lay really tiny pullet eggs and other days there huge double yolk eggs i tend to find alot of young pullets/hens will do this its pretty crazy to think they can lay something so huge!!!

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    My EE just started laying last week (22 1/2 weeks old) and her 4th egg was a very large double yolker. I was shocked seeing as the previous ones were so tiny.

The green egg on the right is the 2nd egg she laid - the large green egg is her 4th egg. The brown and white eggs were laid by our leghorns & barred rocks.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by