We found out new family friend.(Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Teresaann24, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    My kids have wanted a puppy for along time. We have talked about and looked into it and searched and searched. We searched classifieds and my girls found a puppy they fell inlove with it was a chinese crested (Powderpuff) we searched the breed and learned about it. Then after waiting and waiting looking more and more we kept going back to the chinese crested puppy. He was older..12 weeks old and had not been bought yet. So we went today to look at him and we brought him home with us!!!

OMG, he is so sweet he loves the kids within 10mins of being here he made his self at home. He crawled up behind my neck and went to sleep. The kids are crazy about him we Named him Sammie. We are going to crate train him and he is going to stay the night in his crate and he seems to be doing good not much whinning at all.

I'll have pics of him soon.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    How cute. We have been fostering puppies for the last two weeks. We have to return them to the humane society next week, so they can go to their forever homes. It'll break our hearts, but we gave them the chance at survival so they could go to a home like yours.
    I love puppies. First thing in the morning they want a snuggle. they do the "look, mommy look". or whine "I'm bored". They'll be outside and exploring, but have to return to mommy or daddy to make sure all is safe in the world. Soo cute.
    Have fun with your pup.

3. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    powderpuffs are soooo freaking cute...

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Puppies are somthing so special it has been along time since I have owned a dog. Since I lost my other dog (Baby). He already has a soft place in all my family.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Here is some pics of our new family member Sammie.

Sammie getting use to the kids tv.
    [​IMG]

Sammie being super cute.
    [​IMG]

I asked for his paw and he gave it to me.
    [​IMG]

How could you so no?
    [​IMG]

Sammie looking in the kitchen for somthing to eat..lol
    [​IMG]

6. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    He is so cute!!

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thank you!! He is still a little timid but I am sure as days pass he will take up with us fast. He is the sweetest. He is AKC/CKC registered and I cannot wait for his coat to grown out.

8. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    I just rescued a dog that looks just like him from a guy that had him in a bird cage trying to find him a home. One of the people I work with at the shelter fell in love with him and adopted him right away. he was only 5 months old. She named him Duncan. I hope you didn't get him from a puppy mill or a pet store:(. When we have dogs at the shelter that look and act so sweet it would be a shame to support the greedy operations like pet stores etc. A good breeder will have health guarantees and will support their customers. they will also take back the dog if anything goes wrong. A good breeder usually costs more but stands by their product and not overbreed their dogs.

sorry, i went on a tangent...Good Luck with the pup!! I love to foster pups from my shelter. he looks adorable!

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I understand where you are coming from mainchick I worked at my local animal shelter for 4 years before I had my kids. This guy is an great person and only breeds one litter a year. He has 2 females and 1 male but only breeds one litter at a time. He has a 1 year health garentee and is UTD on all his shots. He was clean and had his toenails cut I even got to go to his house and see the parents. He was the only one in his litter that didnt get bought. Untill he met me! I would never support a puppymill or backyard breeder. He showed his dogs for 11 years. Has CH bloodlines and is a great guy. I wanted to adopt from a rescue or shelter but we never could find anything we was looking for. Till we met this guy. He will be loved for the rest of his life.

10. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    good work!! whew!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by