We found something amazing and scary.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Deester, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Deester

Deester Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    I just found a baby raccoon locked in the same cage as my Cayuga's. I came out and it was looking at me. My heart dropped. I saw my ducks were fine. I closed them in their pen after free ranging and it must have been in before I closed them in.

I called to my family for backup about what to do. We have a little house inside the run for wind shelter and it was hiding in there. Being a baby my husband said let's catch it and let it go in the woods.

So we managed to get it in a small spot leather gloves in place, I went to pick it up and the sharp teeth along with a growl came out. I was quick enough to get the glove off my hand when I saw the teeth but it spewed something out of it's mouth and had a good hold of the glove. Then to all of our surprise it ran off though the chain link fence and to the woods.

I can't believe my ducks were locked in with this at first harmless looking raccoon. I know raccoons can be deadly but it was like a small cat and was so scared.

We have a separate house for them to sleep in. I would never be able to rest knowing that this baby can get through the cage. I almost had a heart attack.

Someone up there was looking down on us.

Denise

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Boy that's for sure, how scary, glad everyone including you are okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by