We got 4 more pullets :) YAY! YAY!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hobbley_Farm, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Last night my husband told me that he doesn't want us raising chickens and STILL having to buy eggs. So I told him we could drive to Stuart and see Jay and buy some more. He said "yeah"!!! Yay!!! [​IMG] So I called Jay and he had some 3 mo pullets. My middle daughter today said she would go with me. My plan was to get 2 RIR and 2 BO. Well, when we got there, he had the PRETTIEST [​IMG] silver powder gray EE! So we came home with 1 RIR, 1 EE, and 2 BO! [​IMG] and I think I'm getting turkeys this spring [​IMG] [​IMG] I'll post pix when it dries up a bit [​IMG]:jumpy

2. SGM

SGM Songster

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! Its wonderful to have surprises like that isn't it??? [​IMG]

3. austinhart123

austinhart123 Songster

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    congatulations

4. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Thanks [​IMG]

I'm still over the moon about it. I can't wait to post pix of Stormy (the gray EE) She is just soo pretty! Now if the weather would just cooperate.

5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Songster

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Congrats.
    It's always nice when the hubby agrees to more chickens.

6. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Although it does come with I price. [​IMG] I get the chickens and goats and eventually sheep. But he gets pigs. He's awfully excited about them (thanks mayberrysaint [​IMG] ) not looking forward to the smell. But it's a ways off before I have to deal with pigs [​IMG] And this spring we're getting TURKEYS!!! (and turkens shhh) My husband thinks turkens look obscene [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by