We got 8 new babies at midnight!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Stevo, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    No not chickens. Piggy's [​IMG] Momma started makin her nest today and I figured she might have them tonight. My hunch was right.

[​IMG]

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    [​IMG]

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

So sweet! Now you have to change you signature to 15 piggies!

4. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Adorable. What a way to start the new year.

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    So cute! [​IMG]

6. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    I've been thinking about getting a pet pig, but havent said anything to my companion. I'm afraid that he would go blastic.[​IMG]

However I think that one or maybe 2 (chicken math) would be fine. I dont have a dog or cat, so why not a pig????[​IMG]

7. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    My pigs are pets. They are smarter, cleaner, and way less trouble than our dog. I highly recommend them as pets. Feeding is the whole bag a nuts to keeping healthy pigs.

This is Lilly. She was our first pig. She was fed the wrong way. She was spoiled rotten when she was little. Snacks, over feeding, wrong feed, people food is a no no. Healthy wise she is perfect. Size wise .......... well I will give you a comparison.

Lilly is the spoiled one on the right. DD is the one on the left who has never had people food and the right amount of pig food (mini pig food is what you want). Although DD is Lilly's daughter DD is a year old and will get no larger. She is about 40lbs and the perfect size.

[​IMG]

They can be trained to use a litter pan. Mine go outside tho. They do thier duty in the same spot so it's very easy to clean it up. (little round dry balls of poop lol)

Here is DD's Christmas photo. Yes she is smiling [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are thinking of getting one llrumsey get one. If you get a male have it fixed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by