We got a BCM hen today! (PICS)

Hey Good Job!! Bird looks great, can't wait to see the eggs that make the breed so infamous, did you get to pick or did they already have her in a box ready to go?

Quote:
She does have feathered feet. They are just hard to see. I was surprised that there was not any red on her feathers too (I did not see a pic before I got her).

I'm not here to criticize......but, that looks like a Black Marans to me not a BCM
I have both species of breed here and ugh, not sure Mike was truthful with you?
I have been wrong in the past and could be wrong here.

Great to see that your getting set up with the Marans though, love the name too!!!

I'll try to get pictures of both of mine tomorrow so you can see what I am looking at, as well.

Quote:
I know she is a Black Copper Maran. He showed me the rest of his flock of BCMs and they all had some copper feathering even the hens. Maybe her colors haven't come in yet. But I know they are BCMs.

Quote:
I know she is a Black Copper Maran. He showed me the rest of his flock of BCMs and they all had some copper feathering even the hens. Maybe her colors haven't come in yet. But I know they are BCMs.

Max He probably sold you the hen because she doesn't have enough coppering. Which is not a bad or dishonest thing to do! You have a wonderful hen there that hopefully will lay nice dark egg for you and it doesn't matter because your not trying to start a breeding program for BCM. She is a very pretty girl remember to quarentine her!!

Good job M. She is a good looking girl. You can be proud of that one. If she is that old, you should get an egg as soon as she settles in. She is going to make all your other girls jealous. Be sure to thank your dad twice.

Back
Top Bottom