We got a lot more than chicks at Chickenstock!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by frankenchick, Feb 3, 2012.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    For 4 years, I tried to get my kids into 4-H. I'd tell them that there was a lot to 4-H (not just cows) and that they would really like it. No thanks, Mom.

Then, we went to Chickenstock. On the way home, DS (14), says, "Hey, Mom, the kids were telling us about this really cool club they belong to. It's called '4-H'."

**rolling eyes in front seat**

So, here we are, 3 years later. We have chickens, a dog, 2 rabbits, and 2 llamas. We had 2 emus, but the raccoons got them. I am leader of Foods, Creative Writing, and Recycled Clothing -- when I'm not running the kids from Shooting Sports to Cake Decorating (or Knitting, or Sewing, or Woods, or Dog Training, or . . . ).

Moral of story: Have fun at Chickenstock, but be careful who your kids play with!!
  2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
  3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

That is so....KIDS! Of course if a parent suggests 4-H (or anything really), it has to be lame. But let buddies, especially teen buddies, suggest the same daggone thing, and suddenly it's a great idea... [​IMG]
    My boy is 19 now, and my views/opinions/suggestions are FINALLY deemed almost as worthy as his friends'.
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Another example of 'be careful what you wish for'. Good for you and your kids. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by