WE GOT KHAKI CAMPBELLS!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Camilla Chicken, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Camilla Chicken

Camilla Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]eee I'M SO HAPPY we got 2 khaki campbells. named waffles and maple they just love to play with balloons any tips for a beginner? They are about 1 week old (also sorry for bombarding u with smiles )

2. Camilla Chicken

Camilla Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    Hello Help please? anyway i was wondering if there where toys made for ducklings or any homemade toys for them anything would help

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't recommend the balloons, if they pop a small piece could be ingested besides if they pop they'll scare the crud out of them.

Honestly? i never did 'toys'.... eventually they'll love to bathe, it's harder with colder temps or no mum. What is the weather like where you are? foraging and being outside is great for them BUT you have to guard them like a hawk and also ensure your not to cold.

I just gave over 1wk babies some lettuce today, chopped super small and they have grit too. They are with their mama though and foraging around inside the barn, we're still to cold for outside sadly.

There is a treat duckling sticky that'll probably be helpful....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/242460/the-ultimate-list-of-duck-treats-and-supplements

4. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    My duck has always loved to play with pet toys and baby toys that make crinkly sounds.

5. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    go to the bird section of your pet store. I got mine a mirror with a little bell at the end they LOVE and a little rope toy they love to pull/tug one. a stuffed animal works too. there are endless possibilities :D

6. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    Also, I have 2 three week old Khaki campbells - they are wonderful :D still a little shy but we are working on that. they LOVE mealworms as treats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by