We got one!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HorseFeathers, Sep 10, 2008.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    This is the first egg of our second batch of chickens. Charlotte the EE is exactly 25 weeks and two days. The ironic thing is that she's an EE... and the egg's CREAM.:rolleyes Oh well!

Here she is today:
    [​IMG]

And this is her egg!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yay Char-char!

2. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    Yea!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My first couple of eggs from my EE's were all a cream color and then poof - green and blue!

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Really? That's cool. The only EE we've had before these pullets was a hen we adopted when she was about 2, so her eggs were already blue. Thanks!

4. gotchooks?

gotchooks? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Your Charlotte is gorgeous!

Congrats on the egg!

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    And our two other EEs, Fatima and Lillith, both started a few days ago, on the same day! Come on, Ophelia (Welsummer)!

6. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    Quote:my EE is cream and she started laying this week also. Her eggs are cream almost white. I didn't know that they could change color. I hope I get a blue egg sometime [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    woo hoooooo! pretty egg!
    if you want blue, just dye it![​IMG]

HURRY UP OPHELIA! we're all waiting![​IMG]

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL, I don't know who I'm getting cream eggs from. Either the Salmon Favorelle or the little mystery hen I have. The mystery hen was in the nest box, but I don't know if she laid. I know they're tiny eggs, though! Congratulations, and I hope she changes to a blue or green layer! (now u gotta wish the same thing for me!)

9. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the egg. I got my first one ever on Sunday. We have gotten 3 in 4 days. Soon I tell myself the others will start laying.

Seems weird that they are all the same age and even though I know they mature at different ages it seems more than one would be laying by now... I know count my blessings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by