1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We got our babies!! So Dang Cute!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steffpeck, Apr 27, 2007.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    We got our babies today. I was so worried about some being DOA and then losing some after we got them so I ordered extras, but they are all doing AWESOME and with the few extras that Meyer Hatchery threw in, we ended up with 36 chicks. We have 22 Cornish Crosses, 4 Golden Sex-Link pullets, 3 Buff Orpington Pullets, 5 Dominique Pullets, and 2 Dominique Roos (at least that is what we ordered :>) This is our first time having chickens and so far the experience is just awesome!!! Here are some pics of the little fluff balls!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dang, I am trying to resize them smaller, but don't know what I am doing wrong. Sorry!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Aww soo cute! Though, I am kind of numb to the fuzzy cuteness right now due to the substantial amount of babies I'll have here by Saturday! Oi! But, your babies are adorable and good photography. [​IMG] Your Dominiques look just like my Plymouth Barred Rocks, and I have Buff Orps that age now too! [​IMG] Very cute! Its hard to remember my "big" guys that tiny! [​IMG]

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwww.....they are so cute!!![​IMG]

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Your babies are so cute! Did you like your meyer experience? I have an order coming in ten days from them. What were the extras they threw in.

5. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!

6. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

7. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Meyer was awesome!! I would definately use them again. They arrived healthy, started eating and drinking (and pooping [​IMG]) right away. And they haven't stopped yet. They are just doing awesome!! We ended up with 2 extra cornish crosses and I think it is 1 extra Golden Sex-Link, but is could also be a Buff Orpington. We will have to wait for a few more weeks to see for sure. And I cannot believe how fast they grow, they arrived as little fuzz balls, and 2 days later are already getting feathers. Oi!! Why is it that babies don't stay small long enough??

8. catballou24

catballou24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    so cute!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by