We got our first chicks today!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TeamHatch, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TeamHatch

TeamHatch New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    Hi BYC Community,

I am a mom of 6(2 are foster kids we are now in the adoption process for). When my husband deployed with the National Guard a few years ago, the kids and I studied about all kinds of flying creatures. My husband got excited about bees, and I got excited about chickens. So when he got back, we got two hives. Now its my turn! [​IMG]

My kiddos, who have done a lot of reading on chickens, helped me pick out 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 Isa Browns (chicks- from the TSC and was told that they are a few weeks old). I don't know a lot about the Isa Browns- but am so glad to find this website/community when I went online today. This is amazing! I am looking forward to learning a LOT. Starting with deciding on what kind of coop to build. Hubby is handy- but so are the kiddos so it will be a family venture most likely. Thank you in advance for all of the information! [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    That's Great Team Hatch, you guys are gonna love the chicks- picked good breeds too. Now that you are an official member you can enter many of the contests run on BYC.

Glad that you have joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Raising poultry is a great hobby for the whole family, glad you're all gearing up for it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask...BYC has a lot of friendly, knowledgeable members all here to help each other.

Thanks for joining us!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Team Hatch, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under TeamHatch [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by