We got our first egg today :)

citychics

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Greetings from a new City Chicken owner. My husband had wanted chickens for quite sometime (ever since he found out the city allowed us to have up to 6 chickens). While traveling, he spontaneously stopped and purchased 6 chicks last October. At least he let it appear spontaneous...yet, I find it odd, he did know where there hatchery was. Needless to say, we didn't have a coop prior to the purchase. This is not recommended. However... 24 weeks later, our 5 hens, and 1 rooster (oops, this one wasn't what we expected) are doing great and loving their coop. Today we discovered our first egg. Not absolutely positive, but we think it was from our favorite hen...our Barred Rock. It was tiny, light brown and slightly speckled... and absolutely delicious ! We have two Buff Orpingtons, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 Barred Rock, and our Golden Lace Wyandotte who turned out to be a "he". The pictures are actually of the same egg. First in the nest box, Second washed.

Oh, those first eggs!
love.gif
Betcha even danced around a little bit!
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

Dawg53, I agree I still love collecting eggs and then just looking at them all....Reminds me of when I used to collect marbles
smile.png

Welcome to BYC, from Georgia hope you enjoy your time here
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom