1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We got our first egg!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by qwigoqwaga, Oct 24, 2015.

1. qwigoqwaga

qwigoqwaga Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2015
    I just wanted to share because this is exciting!

[​IMG]

It's probably from our Barnevelder, Beatrice.

[​IMG]

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Congratulations! Getting that first egg is so exciting! Beatrice deserves lots of treats as a reward, :) let's hope the other hens follow suit.

3. qwigoqwaga

qwigoqwaga Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2015
    She's being pretty productive so far! We got another egg yesterday and today, and today's was even in the nesting box instead of just in the corner of the coop.

4. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Great!

5. puffin13

puffin13 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 11, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Congratulations! That "I got my first egg" experience is extremely eggciting! I'm sure many others would agree. [​IMG] I know I was. I felt proud, for some reason. I don't know why. I didn't lay it.

6. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Congrats!!

7. Aurachic

Aurachic New Egg

Nov 12, 2015
    First one for our small flock, Mildred was having a hard time finding a good place to lay her egg, she settled on a large plastic tub filled with kitty litter.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats! It is sooo egg-citing, even now, when I've been getting eggs for a long time. Enjoy your girls and those delicious eggs. [​IMG]

9. Aurachic

Aurachic New Egg

Nov 12, 2015
    Four girls a laying and need more egg cartons.

10. Aurachic

Aurachic New Egg

Nov 12, 2015
    Now Mildred has found a cozy spot in the laying boxes woo who! Also 2 other hens in the real laying box, & one likes a small hen house I put in the barn for safe keeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by