We Got Our First Egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lydia&Andrew, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Lydia&Andrew

Lydia&Andrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Cleethorpes
    We got our first egg!!!!!! It's so exciting!
    This morning Mo, our black Orpington, was very vocal, as always, but was in and out of the coop before I left for work. When I came home this afternoon I checked the box but nothing so I let them out in the garden. When it came to bed time I went into the run with them and was talking to Mo (I just can't help it ) and was saying that I had thought today would be the day........turned around and there it was on the ground!! It's very small but perfectly formed. At last!!!!!!!

2. CoffeeCow

CoffeeCow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Washington, NC
    Pics or it didn't happen [​IMG]

Congrats on the 1st egg, I got mine in october, and I had the biggest goofyest grin you have ever seen for about a week [​IMG]

you fried it up yet?

3. Lydia&Andrew

Aug 17, 2010
    Cleethorpes
    I will post a pic shortly.

Don't really know what to do with it? I might just look at it for the next week!! It was worth the wait.......the long, long, long wait.

4. Lydia&Andrew

Aug 17, 2010
    Cleethorpes
    [​IMG]

5. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Congrats! It's funny, because we all turn into a kid on Christmas morning when we get our first egg. It will be the best egg you ever tasted!

6. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    CONGRATULATIONS on your first egg! [​IMG]
    My husband ran out to see if I was having a heart attack when I found my first egg- lol! After weeks of looking in the nest and finding nothing- there is was -like a present at Christmas. (like Crawford mama said). I still don't get tired of looking for eggs- even after a year and a half- it's still a delicious gift and I always remember to thank the girls [​IMG]

7. Lydia&Andrew

Aug 17, 2010
    Cleethorpes
    I did thank her! We have lots of chat Mo & I. I wonder what will happen tomorrow? I now need to persuade her to lay them in the nest box and at least she can teach the others when they start.
    What an exciting day!!!! [​IMG]

8. Zinmaker

Zinmaker Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    Congrats on the first egg! Have you tried to put a golf ball in the nesting box? Always fun to be eggcited!

9. Lydia&Andrew

Aug 17, 2010
    Cleethorpes
    I'll see what happens over the next few days but this morning she was in and out of the coop so it seems she sort of knows where to do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by