We got our Golden Retriever puppy!!PICTURES!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Henrietta23, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    One of these three boys will come home with us in just a few weeks. We've been able to visit three times now. It's so cool to watch them grow and see their personalities emerge. We're busy puppy proofing the house and yard and collecting puppy needs. They're 5 weeks old today so puppy has a few more weeks with his first family before we can bring him home. His name will be "Indy", short for Indiana Bones. Yes, my son named him!
    [​IMG]

Our son is 7 and this will be his first puppy, and for that matter my husband's as well! They have NO idea how life is about to change around here!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG]
    You couldn't have picked a better breed!

3. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks! We did think it through very carefully. DH and I had a Golden before. Arlo was a stray who wandered into our yard when he was about 10 months old and stayed for 13 years! (We looked for his owners but never found them. We think he may have been dumped.)

4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    We got a golden lab puppy in November and you are right - life will never be the same. They are adorable!!! [​IMG]

5. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We're a little overloaded on the cuteness right now! I forgot how sweet puppy breath is. And the fluff, oh the fluff! We may be the first family picking up and have all three to choose from. That is NOT going to be easy!

6. seymore0626

seymore0626 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2008
    Well congrats!!! We're picking up our GR puppy on Monday. He'll be just a little over seven weeks. He will join our six month old female, and our life, like yours will be crazy wonderful. We thought that while we were in the puppy mode, we'd get the second. I've had goldens since 1970, and they are the best!!!

Your litter looks wonderful!!! Best of luck!!

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Your going to love your Golden I have had 3, two passed away from old age and I have a wonderful one now!!!

8. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, how do you pick just one? My mom and sister have one. My moms so creepy smart. Good luck with your new puppy!!!!

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    They are adorable!!! And Golden's are such good dogs!!! [​IMG]

10. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    golden retrievers are great dogs... really smart

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by