We got ourselves a broody :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emptynester, May 11, 2011.

1. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Now granted not everyone is happy about a broody, for me it's a mixed bag. On the one hand as she is our first broody, I am a little excited to see what will happen. I mean let's face it, what in the world is cuter than baby chicks??!! The broody is sitting on 9 or 10 eggs and has been for 5 days now.
    On the other hand, I already have 16 twelve week old chicks , 5 more in the brooder and I just dropped off a dozen eggs to a friend who is incubating them for me. Wonder how hard it's going to be to convince my husband we need a 3rd coop..... [​IMG]

2. chick4smiles

chick4smiles Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Adirondacks
    If you learn any tricks about getting an extra coop out of a "dear partner"...lemme know!
    I just informed mine yesterday that the next round of incubation will likely involve a full incubator (42 eggs, some from our flock and some purchased from a local friend)...I believe the comment I got back had something to do with "meat in the freezer is like money in the bank". [​IMG] Luckily, he loves to build things, so it probably won't take much convincing to keep a few more than originally intended!
    He would love a broody! Let nature do all the work!
    Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by