We Got Silkie Chicks! My Sister Thinks They're Fake!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SproutGirl, May 4, 2009.

1. SproutGirl

SproutGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Yay! I'm so excited! I don't really have much to say except for yay! 2 white silkie chicks and 1 black one! Of course I have a broody RIR right now, so we will have more chicks soon, but I couldn't resist these little babies at the local ranch store when I saw them! They are straight run, and I have really bad luck with chicks anyway in that 90% of all chicks I've ever hatched or purchased have turned out to be roos, but these are sooooo cute with their fuzziness and their 5 toes and their black legs and extra pointy beaks!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    How fun! I am getting silkies next week. White ones.

3. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Congrats!! [​IMG]
    I love silkies!! [​IMG] Where are the pics?? [​IMG]

4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I am so Happy for you! I am picking up three Silkies this afternoon. Two Blue and one white. I do not know if boys or girls either but i do not care!!!!

5. SproutGirl

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Did this photo post work?

[​IMG]

6. SproutGirl

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Ha ha. I sent photos of my chicks to my city-girl sister in CA along with photos of what silkies look like when they grow up. She thinks it is a joke. She doesn't believe me that they are real chickens. She and my Mom spent a good part of Mother's Day looking at the photos and debating whether or not they are puppets! [​IMG]

7. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    ha ha i love that we KNOW about chickens and what breeds are out there. I think if we posted it on the web and asked if they think it is a chicken a lot would say NO but US B.Y.C.ers would say yes. [​IMG]

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, you have to admit, they sure don't look like what most people think a chicken should look like. I always think they look like puffy little stuffed animals!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by