We got to meet a BYC'r last sunday!!

TsaLaGi Acres

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
I've been wanting to post about our sunday poultry swap meet-up but have been so durn busy that I've come on here just once in awhile, and it's slipped my mind. I feel like such a jerk for not giving Ugly Ducky a formal Thank You!! So, Ugly Ducky Thank You!!! It was so very nice meeting you and your DH!! I so enjoyed talking with you on the phone and what little time we got to talk at the swap.

We didn't get to stay and talk but just a few moments but we had already spoke on the phone and Ellen and I purchased one of the most beautiful pairs of Porcelain D'Uccles that I have ever seen. I still have to get pic's to put up of these sweethearts but it is on our list!! They love to be picked up and loved on, and just talk to ya so sweet. I love our D'Uccles!!!

We also purchased 10 Coturnix Quail and 'Oh My Gosh' they are the sweetest lil things!! They wait for us at the front of their cage and jump right up in our hands for their lovins. I thought quail were supposed to be on the 'wild side' and more flighty...well I'm here to tell you, if you want sweet birds Ugly Ducky is who you should get them from!!

We also purchased Coturnix eggs from Ugly Ducky and set them as soon as we got home Sunday, so I'm praying for some babies soon. This will be my first hatch and it's with a LG incubator so I'm scared of how this will go. Personally I'll be happy even if we get just one baby to hatch:D

Again, Thank you Ugly Ducky, it was a blessing to get to meet you and your DH.
I've got to get those pic's up!!

Awesome.. Doesnt this site have some amazing folks.. Congrats on the newbies and you will love the Coturnix.. mine were very tame.. Good luck on the hatch ..

OMG they are just the sweetest!!! Every morning and evening they are standing there waiting to be loved on...cant help but pick them up and talk to them and of course they just talk and talk back.

I have found that this forum has the nicest ppl on here, seems like most are just down-home country ppl who still have the ethics and morals that this world needs more of. I am sooooo glad that everyone is here!!

We are raising the 10 for breeding stock , will thin out the males to the main 3 we want to use and keep all hens. The eggs that are in the incubator will also be for breed stock and some butchering...I also want some for eggs so I can make pickled quail eggs.

Very cool... My coturnix started popping out of thier eggs sometime last night.. I cant wait .. And we are doing the same keeping the biggest for breeding and eating the rest.....

Quote:
Ours have been set since sunday I'm wanting to candle them or float so bad...lol I need to read up again on when to do it tho'

Quote:
Ours have been set since sunday I'm wanting to candle them or float so bad...lol I need to read up again on when to do it tho'

Ive never heard of floating hatching eggs.. I had the hardest time candling mine.. even the jumbos were tough.. i just hoped they would hatch and they did... Yippee I cant wait to get home and see how many I have...

Back
Top Bottom